[PATCH 2/2] drm/vc4: Update kerneldoc about CEC and power management
From: Eric Anholt
Date: Wed Sep 20 2017 - 18:59:56 EST
Boris had added full power management, and then Hans partially removed
it to enable CEC, so update the docs about both.
Cc: Boris Brezillon <boris.brezillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Hans Verkuil <hverkuil@xxxxxxxxx>
Signed-off-by: Eric Anholt <eric@xxxxxxxxxx>
drivers/gpu/drm/vc4/vc4_hdmi.c | 10 +++-------
1 file changed, 3 insertions(+), 7 deletions(-)
diff --git a/drivers/gpu/drm/vc4/vc4_hdmi.c b/drivers/gpu/drm/vc4/vc4_hdmi.c
index 65826a4f208e..ce18384c6be3 100644
@@ -33,13 +33,9 @@
* interconnect) bus to the encoder side for insertion into the video
* blank regions.
- * The driver's HDMI encoder does not yet support power management.
- * The HDMI encoder's power domain and the HSM/pixel clocks are kept
- * continuously running, and only the HDMI logic and packet ram are
- * powered off/on at disable/enable time.
- * The driver does not yet support CEC control, though the HDMI
- * encoder block has CEC support.
+ * Note that HDMI CEC requires that the HSM clock be running even when
+ * not scanning out, so that input can be processed. The PHY is still
+ * powered down when not scanning out, though.