[PATCH V6 0/4] Add Broadcom STB USB phy driver
From: Al Cooper
Date: Fri Sep 22 2017 - 15:35:54 EST
Add a new USB Phy driver for Broadcom STB SoCs. This driver
supports Broadcom STB ARM SoCs. This driver in
combination with the Broadcom STB ohci, ehci and xhci
drivers will enable USB1.1, USB2.0 and USB3.0 support.
This Phy driver also supports the Broadcom BDC gadget
Changes since v5:
- Fixed over 50 CHECK warnings from checkpatch.pl --strict.
Changes since v4:
- MIPS support was dropped, so remove MIPS specific code
in the brcmusb_readl/brcmusb_writel routines.
- Use readl/writel instead of readl_relaxed/writel_relaxed.
- Remove double blank lines between some functions.
- Remove support for obselete phy phandle argument.
Changes since v3:
- Removed MIPS support because there is such a small
amount of code that is common to both ARM and MIPS.
I'll create a separate MIPS driver in the future.
- Have the Kconfig selection for this driver also select
"CONFIG_SOC_BRCMSTB" which contains needed functions.
- Change device tree properties to use "brcm,has_xhci" and
"brcm,has_eohci" to determine if the phy contains
a xhci phy, and e/ohci phy or both.
- Change the phy xlate routine to return an error instead
of NULL for a requested phy that doesn't exist.
- Moved some probe functionality into it's own funtion to
simplify the many "if (has_xhci)" statements.
Changes since v2:
- Fix kbuild errors by changing Kconfig so the driver
only builds for ARCH_BRCMSTB || BMIPS_GENERIC systems
Changes since v1:
- Rebased to next
- Add Kconfig entry to build the driver
- Commented all delays
- Split out sysfs functionality in separate patch
- Removed parsing of old obselete device tree properties
- Changed device property "device" to "dr_mode" using
standard values "host" and "peripheral" along with new
values "drd" and "typec-pd"
- Add ability to handle the standard PHY_TYPE_USB2 and
PHY_TYPE_USB3 arguments passed in by phy consumers.
- Moved phy_provider_register() to end of probe routine
Al Cooper (4):
soc: brcmstb: Add Product ID and Family ID helper functions
dt-bindings: Add Broadcom STB USB PHY binding document
phy: usb: phy-brcm-usb: Add Broadcom STB USB phy driver
phy: usb: phy-brcm-usb: Add ability to force DRD mode to host or
.../bindings/phy/brcm,brcmstb-usb-phy.txt | 43 +
MAINTAINERS | 7 +
drivers/phy/broadcom/Kconfig | 13 +
drivers/phy/broadcom/Makefile | 3 +
drivers/phy/broadcom/phy-brcm-usb-init.c | 1018 ++++++++++++++++++++
drivers/phy/broadcom/phy-brcm-usb-init.h | 50 +
drivers/phy/broadcom/phy-brcm-usb.c | 459 +++++++++
drivers/soc/bcm/brcmstb/common.c | 12 +
include/linux/soc/brcmstb/brcmstb.h | 17 +
9 files changed, 1622 insertions(+)
create mode 100644 Documentation/devicetree/bindings/phy/brcm,brcmstb-usb-phy.txt
create mode 100644 drivers/phy/broadcom/phy-brcm-usb-init.c
create mode 100644 drivers/phy/broadcom/phy-brcm-usb-init.h
create mode 100644 drivers/phy/broadcom/phy-brcm-usb.c