Re: [media] v4l2-core: Fine-tuning for some function implementations

From: SF Markus Elfring
Date: Sat Sep 23 2017 - 11:28:26 EST

>> Will the software evolution be continued for related source files?
>> Are there any update candidates left over in the directory “v4l2-core”?
>
> Sorry, I don't understand the question.

I try to explain my view again.

> We don't want to touch the videobuf-* files unless there is a very good reason.

I hoped that my update suggestions could be good enough once more for this area.

> That old videobuf framework is deprecated and the code is quite fragile
> (i.e. easy to break things).

How do you think about to move this stuff into a separate subdirectory
so that it might become a bit easier to distinguish these software components?

> Everything else in that directory is under continuous development.

I am curious if there are still update candidates left over
(also from my selection of change possibilities).

Regards,
Markus