Re: I/O hangs after resuming from suspend-to-ram

From: Martin Steigerwald
Date: Sun Sep 24 2017 - 13:33:08 EST

Ming Lei - 21.09.17, 06:17:
> On Wed, Sep 20, 2017 at 07:25:02PM +0200, Martin Steigerwald wrote:
> > Ming Lei - 28.08.17, 21:32:

> > [â]

> > > It is for fixing Oleksandr's issue wrt. blk-mq, and looks not for you.
> >
> > My findings are different:
> >
> > On 4.12.10 with CONFIG_HZ=1000, CONFIG_PREEMPT=y and optimizations for
> > Intel Core/newer Xeon I see this:
> >
> > 1) Running with CFQ: No hang after resume
> >
> > 2) Running with scsi_mod.use_blk_mq=1 + BFQ: Hang after resume within
> > first 1-2 days.
>
> Hi Martin,
>
> Thanks for your report!
>
> Could you test the following patchset to see if it fixes your issue?
>
> https://marc.info/?l=linux-block&m=150579298505484&w=2

Testing with https://github.com/ming1/linux.git, my_v4.13-safe-scsi-
quiesce_V5_for_test branch as of 53954fd58fb9fe6894b1635dad1acec96ca51a2f I
now have a bit more than three days and 8 hours of uptime without a hang on
resume from memory or disk, despite using blk-mq + BFQ.

So it looks like this patch set fixes the issue for me. To say for sure IÂd say
some more days of testing are needed. But it looks like the hang on resume is
fixed by this patch set.

Thanks,
--
Martin