Re: [Question]: try to fix contention between expire_timers and try_to_del_timer_sync

From: Will Deacon
Date: Mon Oct 02 2017 - 10:14:05 EST

Hi Qiao,

On Mon, Sep 25, 2017 at 07:02:03PM +0800, qiaozhou wrote:
> Will this bodging patch be merged? It can solve the livelock issue on arm64
> platforms(at least improve a lot).

Whilst it seemed to help in some cases, I'm not keen to merge it until
we've identified a sensible way to parameterise the threshold and also
explain why it doens't appear to help at all on some platforms. I guess
I could respin a version that takes the threshold on the cmdline and
also checks to see that the event stream is enabled, since that might
help with further benchmarking.

Would that be useful?

Will