Re: [RFC v3 2/7] platform/x86: intel_pmc_ipc: Use MFD framework to create dependent devices

From: sathyanarayanan kuppuswamy
Date: Tue Oct 03 2017 - 21:00:34 EST

Hi Andy,

On Tue, Sep 5, 2017 at 8:37 AM,
From: Kuppuswamy Sathyanarayanan <sathyanarayanan.kuppuswamy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Currently, we have lot of repetitive code in dependent device resource
allocation and device creation handling code. This logic can be improved if
we use MFD framework for dependent device creation. This patch adds this
support.

+ punit_cell.id = -1;
I will remove this line in next version.
+ return devm_mfd_add_devices(&pdev->dev, PLATFORM_DEVID_AUTO,
+ &punit_cell, 1, NULL, 0, NULL);
IIRC you don't need to file cell ID in case of DEVID_AUTO.
I am planning to use DEVID_NONE here to match the current behavior. Unless you have some concerns?

--
Sathyanarayanan Kuppuswamy
Linux kernel developer