kvm_intel fails to load on CPUs running Linux 4.12 or later

From: Jason R Begley
Date: Tue Oct 17 2017 - 01:08:48 EST

I see that this has been discussed before, but I have ran into the same problem recently after trying kernel 4.13.6 and the kvm_intel module would not load. I stumbled across an article from Sat, 5 Aug 2017 21:26:42 with the same issue. Is there any way to fix this? Below is a cpuinfo

processorÂÂÂÂÂÂ : 3
vendor_idÂÂÂÂÂÂ : GenuineIntel
cpu familyÂÂÂÂÂ : 6
modelÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ : 15
model nameÂÂÂÂÂ : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPUÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ 5150Â @ 2.66GHz
steppingÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ : 6
microcodeÂÂÂÂÂÂ : 0xcd
cpu MHzÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ : 600.000
cache sizeÂÂÂÂÂ : 4096 KB
physical idÂÂÂÂ : 3
siblingsÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ : 2
core idÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ : 1
cpu coresÂÂÂÂÂÂ : 2
apicidÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ : 7
initial apicid : 7
fpuÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ : yes
fpu_exceptionÂÂ : yes
cpuid levelÂÂÂÂ : 10
wpÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ : yes
flagsÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm pbe syscall nx lm constant_tsc arch_perfmon pebs bts rep_good nopl cpuid aperfmperf pni dtes64 monitor ds_cpl vmx est tm2 ssse3 cx16 xtpr pdcm dca lahf_lm tpr_shadow dtherm
bugsÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ :
bogomipsÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ : 5335.26
clflush sizeÂÂÂ : 64
cache_alignment : 64
address sizesÂÂ : 36 bits physical, 48 bits virtual
power management:

Thank you for the help,