Re: char-TPM: Adjustments for ten function implementations

From: Joe Perches
Date: Wed Oct 18 2017 - 05:19:00 EST

On Wed, 2017-10-18 at 11:00 +0200, SF Markus Elfring wrote:
> > The printk removals do change the objects.
> >
> > The value of that type of change is only for resource limited systems.
>
> I imagine that such small code adjustments are also useful for other systems.

Your imagination and mine differ.
Where do you _think_ it matters?

For instance, nothing about

sizeof(type)
vs
sizeof(*ptr)

makes it easier for a human to read the code.

This class of change now require a syntactic parser
to find instances of the use of type where previously
a grep or equivalent tool worked well.

> > Markus' changelogs leave much to be desired.
>
> Would you like to help more to improve the provided information
> for the shown change patterns?

I've done that for you far too many times already.

Your changelogs need to detail _why_ something is being
done, not describe any tool used to perform or find a
particular instance of any change.