Re: kernel/module: Delete an error message for a failed memory allocation in add_module_usage()

From: SF Markus Elfring
Date: Thu Oct 19 2017 - 14:56:31 EST

>>> Something like:
>>>
>>> "because there is a dump_stack() done on allocation failures
>>> without __GFP_JNOWARN"
>>
>> How do you think about to convert such a description into a special format
>> for further reference documentation?
>
> I think it's a bad idea if it's a "special" format.

Will it be nice to represent corresponding details as a better
ârestructured textâ?

> Always write _why_ some code is being changed.
>
> People could read the commit descriptions and would not need
> to take extra time to lookup external references.

I would appreciate if I could copy a widely accepted explanation.

> Maybe add something like
> "see (commit <foo> or <file>)" for additional details"

Are there any related extensions possible besides other background information?
Link: http://events.linuxfoundation.org/sites/events/files/slides/LCJ16-Refactor_Strings-WSang_0.pdf

Regards,
Markus