Current git has USB keyboard and mouse unusable

From: Damien Wyart
Date: Sun Oct 22 2017 - 11:46:23 EST

Hi,

Having compiled a kernel today (bfc1168de949c in Linus' tree), I
noticed keyboard and mouse were not working at all (stuck at X DM
level).

After digging a bit, I realized only one change in the recent input
commits was quite general, and bingo, reverting "allow matching device
IDs on property bits" (8724ecb072293f109) made input work again.

I did not find anything special in the logs for the bad kernel...

Should that commit be reverted for now? Maybe other people will be
able to reproduce it?

Thanks

Damien