Re: dmaengine: ioat: Use common error handling code in ioat_xor_val_self_test()

From: SF Markus Elfring
Date: Mon Oct 23 2017 - 13:39:49 EST

>> I agree with Dan. I'm ok with not accepting this patch.
>
> And I have no intention to :)

This is a pity.

> At least they should explain why or how it help,

Do you see useful consequences (like a bit less memory requirements)
if the assignment statement âerr = -ENODEVâ will be stored only once
behind the jump label âfailure_indicationâ in the suggested update
for the implementation of the function âioat_xor_val_self_testâ
(instead of being duplicated several times)?

> give the Coccinelle scripts..

How can they matter for a better understanding of the concrete
source code adjustment?

> But sadly that is not done ...

I did not include a link for special background information explicitly.
But how do you think about corresponding details from discussions
on a topic like âComparing statement lists with SmPLâ?

https://systeme.lip6.fr/pipermail/cocci/2017-August/004388.html

Regards,
Markus