Re: drm/i915/gvt: Use common error handling code in shadow_workload_ring_buffer()

From: SF Markus Elfring
Date: Tue Oct 24 2017 - 10:40:36 EST

> This isn't the case here.

I find your view interesting for further clarification somehow.

> Instead of making the code more readable, we're making it more convoluted.

Can the shown software refactoring usually help here?

> It's just that two out of three error messages happened to be the same

This is true.

> and Markus wants to save a bit of memory by using the same string.

And also the same executable code (besides an identical error message).

> The memory savings is not so big that it's worth making the code less readable.

How does such a feedback fit to information for the deletion of questionable
messages at other source code places?

Regards,
Markus