Re: [Ksummit-discuss] Linux Foundation Technical Advisory Board election results 2017

From: H. Peter Anvin
Date: Wed Oct 25 2017 - 20:25:54 EST

On 10/26/17 00:14, Laurent Pinchart wrote:

>> It was a very close election, with the next candidate on the list
>> receiving 36 votes.
>
> Do we have a procedure in place in case the tie that we only avoided by one
> vote would have happened ?

In that case thw winner(s) would be drawn randomly. The scanning tool
scripts actually assigns each candidate a tiebreaker number via
/dev/urandom, but we have not yet decided if we would do that or, for
example, a physical coin toss.

We have had ties in the past, and had one this time too, but none that
has ever crossed the cut line.

-hpa