Re: n900 in next-20170901

From: Joonsoo Kim
Date: Thu Oct 26 2017 - 00:44:34 EST

On Wed, Oct 25, 2017 at 10:31:38AM -0700, Tony Lindgren wrote:
> * Joonsoo Kim <iamjoonsoo.kim@xxxxxxx> [171022 21:51]:
> > On Fri, Oct 20, 2017 at 10:31:47AM -0700, Tony Lindgren wrote:
> > > * Joonsoo Kim <iamjoonsoo.kim@xxxxxxx> [171019 18:53]:
> > >
> > > Oops I should have noticed that one. Here you go with commit
> > > c977ee280378 reverted. Still not booting.
> >
> > Still very thanks to you. :)
>
> No problem, sorry for the delay in testing this one.
>
> > Okay. Could you test my updated branch? In there, I also disable
> > atomic_pool initialization and disable to remap the CMA area in order
> > to completely make any operation on CMA area as no-op.
> >
> > And, it enables memblock_debug to check how memblock region is
> > allocated.
> >
> > https://github.com/JoonsooKim/linux/tree/cma-debug4-next-20180901
>
> Great, this branch boots on n900! Early parts of the dmesg attached
> below.

Sound good. Perhaps, problem is due to the cache management. With my
patchset, direct mapping for CMA area is cleared in
dma_contiguous_remap() if CONFIG_HIGHMEM. I guess that proper cache
operation is required there.

Could you test my newly updated branch again? I re-enable
dma_contiguous_remap() to clear direct mapping for CMA area and add
proper(?) cache operation although I'm not the expert on that area.

https://github.com/JoonsooKim/linux/tree/cma-debug4-next-20180901

Thanks.