Re: can: Use common error handling code in vxcan_newlink()

From: SF Markus Elfring
Date: Sat Oct 28 2017 - 14:33:30 EST

> So if you would like to change the if-statement:

It will need a small adjustment for the shown transformation.

I was also unsure if the proposal will work in a single update step.

> 1. Send a patch for vxcan.c to improve the error handling flow

I am going to send a second approach for this update variant.

> 2. Send a separate patch for all rtnl_configure_link() callers to unify the result check
>
> Step 2 is optional ... and prepare yourself for more feedback ;-)

I am curious on how software development aspects will evolve around
desired error predicates.
Which scope did you have in mind?

Regards,
Markus