Re: [GIT PULL] arm64: dts: uniphier: UniPhier DT updates (64bit) for v4.15

From: Masahiro Yamada
Date: Mon Oct 30 2017 - 10:54:12 EST

Hi Arnd,

> On Mon, Oct 23, 2017 at 7:40 PM, Masahiro Yamada
> <yamada.masahiro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> UniPhier ARM64 SoC DT updates for v4.15
>>
>> - add thermal monitor and thermal zone nodes
>> - add efuse nodes
>> - fix W=2 warnings
>> - add GPIO controller nodes and related properties
>> - add resets properties
>
> I noticed too late that your "ARM32 SoC DT" branch broke ARM64 (I
> don't normally test
> architectures that are not touched by a new branch. What happened here
> is that commit
> 2bef7ca3798f ("ARM: dts: uniphier: route on-board device IRQ to GPIO
> controller")
> added a reference to the non-existing "gpio" label, causing a build error:
>
> arch/arm64/boot/dts/socionext/uniphier-ld11-ref.dtb: ERROR
> (phandle_references): Reference to non-existent node or label "gpio"
>
> Since merging the ARM64 branch fixes the problem, I decided it's not
> worth the trouble
> of reverting the original merge, but please be careful to avoid build
> problems like this
> in the future.
>
> The changes otherwise look all good, so I've pulled this into next/dt as well.

My bad - sorry about this.

Actually, some base boards and expansion boards are
shared between arm and arm64 by cross-arch reference.
So, touching one branch could affect the other.

If it had not been too late, I would have been happy to resend the PR.

I will be careful next time.

--
Best Regards
Masahiro Yamada