Re: [v2] can: Use common error handling code in vxcan_newlink()

From: Oliver Hartkopp
Date: Thu Nov 02 2017 - 04:22:32 EST

On 11/01/2017 08:37 PM, SF Markus Elfring wrote:

These addresses were suggested (or recommended?) by the script âget_maintainer.plâ.

I know.

(..)

How does this view fit to the information in the section â5) Select
the recipients for your patchâ from the document âsubmitting-patches.rstâ?

We discussed and agreed about your patch. It is clear and simple and has no side effects to any other driver nor other subsystems.

It was just about getting *this* patch into upstream where the Linux CAN ML is the right place to post - that was my suggestion. So there was no need to take the *standard* get_maintainer mail pump-gun again for this patch in order to save bandwidth, energy and peoples lifetime :-)

Regards,
Oliver