Re: Regression still in next for drop migrate type checks

From: Michal Hocko
Date: Sat Nov 04 2017 - 04:26:27 EST

On Fri 03-11-17 09:00:12, Tony Lindgren wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Looks like I'm still carrying patch "mm: distinguish CMA and MOVABLE
> isolation in has_unmovable_pages" from Michal [1] for commit e1d753dff0fa
> ("mm: drop migrate type checks from has_unmovable_pages") and Linux next
> has been broken for CMA for few weeks now as noted in the discussion
> also at [1].
>
> What's the status of this regression? How come it's been known
> broken for two weeks and still not fixed or reverted in next?
> This is clearly is not suitable for "wider testing" ;)

This is the first time I hear about the regression. Joonsoo has pointed
out that there might be a problem but he didn't have any specific
failure in hands. The fix has been posted [1] and Andrew has picked it
up few days ago. Could you try to apply that patch? It will show up in
linux-next as soon as Andrew releases mmotm.

[1] http://lkml.kernel.org/r/20171019122118.y6cndierwl2vnguj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
--
Michal Hocko
SUSE Labs