Linux 4.14-rc8

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Sun Nov 05 2017 - 16:44:04 EST

So it's actually been a pretty good week, and I'm not really unhappy
with any of the patches that came in.

But to actually have decided that we don't need an rc8 this release,
it would have had to be really totally quiet, and it wasn't. Nothing
looks scary, but we did have a few reverts in here still, and I'll
just feel happier giving 4.14 another final week.

.. and I really hope that _will_ be the final week, and we don't find
anything new scary.

I don't think we will.

This rc8 does mean that the latter half of the next merge window will
be during the Thanksgiving week, when I'm on vacation with the family.
We'll see how that goes. I'm hoping that people will just send me
stuff early (particularly since there's now an extra week of 4.14),
and that I'll have a sufficient bulk of merging done the first week
that me traveling with a laptop doesn't even really impact the merge
window.

And if not, and I have trouble handling it, I may have to just extend
the merge window a bit. We've done this before, it's inconvenient but
not the end of the world.

Anyway, on to rc8: the diffstat actually looks huge, because I did
take the first round of SPDX markings (nicely scriptable and legible
license tags), so there's a lot of added one-liners to a large number
of files. That will keep happening for a while.

But that obviously doesn't actually change any code, although it did
trigger a trivial build change.

Those one-liner spdx additions do kind of obscure the real changes,
though, if you look at the diff. You can get a fairly good overview
from skimming the appended shortlog instead, and it's all pretty
small: most of it is some minor arch fixes, with a smattering of
networking and driver (sound, drm, mmc, clk, networking) updates. MIPS
shows up, mainly due to some email address updates (due to the
imgtec.com -> mips.com update). The rest is tooling, docs, and misc
(key handling, some vm fixes, etc).

One thing I got complaints about and was clearly not popular was how
/proc/cpuinfo didn't give useful frequencies on x86 any more since
4.13 - that got fixed (and backported to stable). Maybe that's the
most noticeable one to most people - the rest really is small internal
bug fixes.

Go forth and test,

Linus

---

Aleksandar Markovic (2):
MIPS: Update RINT emulation maintainer email address
MIPS: Update Goldfish RTC driver maintainer email address

Anatole Denis (1):
netfilter: nft_set_hash: disable fast_ops for 2-len keys

Andrea Arcangeli (2):
Documentation: kernel-enforcement-statement.rst: Remove Red Hat markings
userfaultfd: hugetlbfs: prevent UFFDIO_COPY to fill beyond the
end of i_size

Andrew Clayton (1):
signal: Fix name of SIGEMT in #if defined() check

Andrew Lunn (1):
net: phy: marvell: Only configure RGMII delays when using RGMII

Andy Lutomirski (1):
Revert "x86/mm: Stop calling leave_mm() in idle code"

Antoine Tenart (1):
irqchip/irq-mvebu-gicp: Add missing spin_lock init

Ard Biesheuvel (1):
efi/libstub: arm: omit sorting of the UEFI memory map

Arnd Bergmann (1):
ARM: 8715/1: add a private asm/unaligned.h

Ashish Samant (1):
ocfs2: fstrim: Fix start offset of first cluster group during fstrim

Bard Liao (3):
ASoC: rt5659: register power bit of LOUT Amp
ASoC: rt5659: connect LOUT Amp with Charge Pump
ASoC: rt5616: fix 0x91 default value

Bart Van Assche (1):
virtio_blk: Fix an SG_IO regression

Ben Skeggs (1):
drm/nouveau/kms/nv50: use the correct state for base channel
notifier setup

Bhadram Varka (1):
stmmac: use of_property_read_u32 instead of read_u8

Bird, Timothy (1):
Documentation: Add Tim Bird to list of enforcement statement endorsers

Borislav Petkov (1):
x86/mcelog: Get rid of RCU remnants

Brenda J. Butler (1):
tc-testing: fix arg to ip command: -s -> -n

Catalin Marinas (1):
Documentation: Add Arm Ltd to kernel-enforcement-statement.rst

Chris Metcalf (1):
arch/tile: Implement ->set_state_oneshot_stopped()

Chris Wilson (3):
drm/i915: Hold rcu_read_lock when iterating over the radixtree (objects)
drm/i915: Hold rcu_read_lock when iterating over the radixtree (vma idr)
drm/i915: Check incoming alignment for unfenced buffers (on i915gm)

Christoffer Dall (1):
KVM: arm64: its: Fix missing dynamic allocation check in scan_its_table

Christophe JAILLET (2):
ASoC: topology: Fix a potential NULL pointer dereference in
'soc_tplg_dapm_widget_denum_create()'
ASoC: topology: Fix a potential memory leak in
'soc_tplg_dapm_widget_denum_create()'

Cong Wang (3):
net_sched: remove tcf_block_put_deferred()
net_sched: acquire RTNL in tc_action_net_exit()
net_sched: hold netns refcnt for each action

Craig Gallek (1):
tun/tap: sanitize TUNSETSNDBUF input

Dennis Dalessandro (1):
Documentation: Sign kernel enforcement statement

Don Zickus (1):
watchdog/hardlockup/perf: Use atomics to track in-use cpu counter

Dongjiu Geng (1):
arm/arm64: KVM: set right LR register value for 32 bit guest
when inject abort

Douglas Anderson (4):
mmc: dw_mmc: cancel the CTO timer after a voltage switch
mmc: dw_mmc: Fix the CTO timeout calculation
mmc: dw_mmc: Add locking to the CTO timer
mmc: dw_mmc: Fix the DTO timeout calculation

Douglas Miller (1):
scsi: qla2xxx: Fix oops in qla2x00_probe_one error path

Eduardo Valentin (1):
Documentation: update kernel enforcement support list

Eric Auger (3):
KVM: arm/arm64: vgic-its: Fix vgic_its_restore_collection_table
returned value
KVM: arm/arm64: vgic-its: Check CBASER/BASER validity before
enabling the ITS
KVM: arm/arm64: vgic-its: Check GITS_BASER Valid bit before saving tables

Eric Biggers (3):
KEYS: return full count in keyring_read() if buffer is too small
KEYS: trusted: fix writing past end of buffer in trusted_read()
KEYS: fix out-of-bounds read during ASN.1 parsing

Eric Dumazet (3):
ipv6: addrconf: increment ifp refcount before ipv6_del_addr()
tcp: fix tcp_mtu_probe() vs highest_sack
tcp: do not mangle skb->cb[] in tcp_make_synack()

Florian Fainelli (2):
net: systemport: Correct IPG length settings
initramfs: fix initramfs rebuilds w/ compression after disabling

Florian Westphal (1):
fib: fib_dump_info can no longer use __in_dev_get_rtnl

Frank Rowand (1):
Documentation: Add Frank Rowand to list of enforcement statement endorsers

Greg Kroah-Hartman (4):
Documentation: kernel-enforcement-statement.rst: proper sort names
License cleanup: add SPDX GPL-2.0 license identifier to files
with no license
License cleanup: add SPDX license identifier to uapi header
files with no license
License cleanup: add SPDX license identifier to uapi header
files with a license

Guilherme G. Piccoli (1):
powerpc/perf: Fix IMC allocation routine

Guillaume Nault (1):
l2tp: hold tunnel in pppol2tp_connect()

Gustavo A. R. Silva (1):
MIPS: microMIPS: Fix incorrect mask in insn_table_MM

Hongxu Jia (1):
ide:ide-cd: fix kernel panic resulting from missing scsi_req_init

Hsin-Yu Chao (2):
ASoC: rt5514-spi: check irq status to schedule data copy
ASoC: rt5514: Revert Hotword Model control

Huang Ying (2):
mm, /proc/pid/pagemap: fix soft dirty marking for PMD migration entry
mm, swap: fix race between swap count continuation operations

Ido Schimmel (1):
mlxsw: reg: Add high and low temperature thresholds

Ingo Molnar (1):
tools/headers: Synchronize kernel ABI headers

James Hartley (1):
MAINTAINERS: Update Pistachio platform maintainers

James Hogan (2):
MIPS: generic: Fix NI 169445 its build
MIPS: smp-cmp: Fix vpe_id build error

Jan H. SchÃnherr (2):
KVM: VMX: Do not fully reset PI descriptor on vCPU reset
KVM: x86: Update APICv on APIC reset

Jani Nikula (1):
drm/i915/edp: read edp display control registers unconditionally

Jason A. Donenfeld (2):
crypto: x86/chacha20 - satisfy stack validation 2.0
MIPS: smp-cmp: Use right include for task_struct

Jason Gunthorpe (1):
kvm: Return -ENODEV from update_persistent_clock

Jeff Barnhill (1):
net: vrf: correct FRA_L3MDEV encode type

Jia-Ju Bai (1):
wcn36xx: Remove unnecessary rcu_read_unlock in wcn36xx_bss_info_changed

Jiri Olsa (1):
perf tools: Unwind properly location after REJECT

Jiri Slaby (1):
futex: futex_wake_op, do not fail on invalid op

John Fastabend (1):
bpf: remove SK_REDIRECT from UAPI

Jonathan Basseri (1):
xfrm: Clear sk_dst_cache when applying per-socket policy.

Josh Poimboeuf (3):
objtool: Resync objtool's instruction decoder source code copy
with the kernel's latest version
objtool: Prevent GCC from merging annotate_unreachable(), take 2
x86/module: Detect and skip invalid relocations

Julien Thierry (2):
arm/arm64: kvm: Move initialization completion message
arm/arm64: kvm: Disable branch profiling in HYP code

Kalle Valo (1):
Revert "ath10k: fix napi_poll budget overflow"

Keith Busch (1):
nvme: Fix setting logical block format when revalidating

Konstantin Khlebnikov (1):
tcp_nv: fix division by zero in tcpnv_acked()

Laura Abbott (1):
Documentation: Add myself to the enforcement statement list

Leo Liu (2):
drm/amdgpu: return -ENOENT from uvd 6.0 early init for harvesting
drm/amdgpu: allow harvesting check for Polaris VCE

Leon Romanovsky (1):
RDMA/nldev: Enforce device index check for port callback

Linus Torvalds (4):
Mark 'ioremap_page_range()' as possibly sleeping
Revert "x86: do not use cpufreq_quick_get() for /proc/cpuinfo "cpu MHz""
Kbuild: don't pass "-C" to preprocessor when processing linker scripts
Linux 4.14-rc8

Luc Van Oostenryck (2):
tile: pass machine size to sparse
ARM: 8716/1: pass endianness info to sparse

Maarten Lankhorst (1):
drm/i915: Do not rely on wm preservation for ILK watermarks

Madhavan Srinivasan (1):
powerpc/perf: Fix core-imc hotplug callback failure during imc
initialization

Manasi Navare (1):
drm/i915: Cancel the modeset retry work during modeset cleanup

Marcin Nowakowski (1):
MIPS: Update email address for Marcin Nowakowski

Mark Rutland (1):
arm64: ensure __dump_instr() checks addr_limit

Martin K. Petersen (1):
Documentation: Add my name to kernel enforcement statement

Martin Kepplinger (1):
Input: ar1021_i2c - set INPUT_PROP_DIRECT

Masahiro Yamada (3):
ARM: dts: uniphier: add STDMAC clock to EHCI nodes
arm64: dts: uniphier: add STDMAC clock to EHCI nodes
clk: uniphier: fix clock data for PXs3

Matt Redfearn (4):
MIPS: Fix exception entry when CONFIG_EVA enabled
MIPS: generic: Fix compilation error from include asm/mips-cpc.h
MIPS: SMP: Fix deadlock & online race
MIPS: CPS: Fix use of current_cpu_data in preemptible code

Mike Kravetz (1):
fs/hugetlbfs/inode.c: fix hwpoison reserve accounting

Naveen N. Rao (2):
Revert "powerpc64/elfv1: Only dereference function descriptor
for non-text symbols"
powerpc/kprobes: Dereference function pointers only if the
address does not belong to kernel text

Nicholas Piggin (1):
powerpc/64s/radix: Fix preempt imbalance in TLB flush

Pan Bian (2):
net: lapbether: fix double free
net: hns: set correct return value

Paul Burton (3):
Update MIPS email addresses
MIPS: Fix CM region target definitions
Update MIPS email addresses

Paul Mackerras (1):
powerpc: Fix check for copy/paste instructions in alignment handler

Peter Zijlstra (1):
futex: Fix more put_pi_state() vs. exit_pi_state_list() races

Rafael J. Wysocki (3):
Revert "PM / QoS: Fix default runtime_pm device resume latency"
Revert "PM / QoS: Fix device resume latency PM QoS"
x86: CPU: Fix up "cpu MHz" in /proc/cpuinfo

Ravi Bangoria (1):
perf symbols: Fix memory corruption because of zero length symbols

Ricard Wanderlof (1):
ASoC: adau17x1: Workaround for noise bug in ADC

Ronnie Sahlberg (1):
cifs: check MaxPathNameComponentLength != 0 before using it

Russell King (1):
ARM: add debug ".edata_real" symbol

Sagi Grimberg (1):
nvme-rdma: fix possible hang when issuing commands during ctrl removal

Shuah Khan (1):
selftests: lib.mk: print individual test results to console by default

Stefan BrÃns (1):
Input: sparse-keymap - send sync event for KE_SW/KE_VSW

Steffen Klassert (2):
xfrm: Fix xfrm_dst_cache memleak
xfrm: Fix GSO for IPsec with GRE tunnel.

Stephen Hemminger (1):
Documentation: add my name to supporters

Takashi Iwai (2):
ALSA: timer: Add missing mutex lock for compat ioctls
ALSA: seq: Fix nested rwsem annotation for lockdep splat

Tejaswi Tanikella (1):
netfilter: nf_reject_ipv4: Fix use-after-free in send_reset

Tejun Heo (1):
perf/cgroup: Fix perf cgroup hierarchy support

Tero Kristo (1):
PM / QoS: Fix default runtime_pm device resume latency

Thomas Gleixner (1):
watchdog/harclockup/perf: Revert a33d44843d45
("watchdog/hardlockup/perf: Simplify deferred event destroy")

Trond Myklebust (1):
Add ack for Trond Myklebust to the enforcement statement

Vadim Pasternak (1):
mlxsw: i2c: Fix buffer increment counter for write transaction

Vasanthakumar Thiagarajan (1):
ath10k: rebuild crypto header in rx data frames

Vlastimil Babka (1):
x86/mm: fix use-after-free of vma during userfaultfd fault

Wei Yongjun (1):
MIPS: bpf: Fix a typo in build_one_insn()

Willy Tarreau (1):
doc: add Willy Tarreau to the list of enforcement statement endorsers

Yan Markman (1):
ARM: dts: mvebu: pl310-cache disable double-linefill

Yoshihiro Shimoda (2):
mmc: tmio: fix swiotlb buffer is full
mmc: renesas_sdhi: fix kernel panic in _internal_dmac.c

Yotam Gigi (1):
MAINTAINERS: Update Yotam's E-mail

Yuval Mintz (1):
MAINTAINERS: Remove Yotam from mlxfw

Zi Yan (1):
mm/huge_memory.c: deposit page table when copying a PMD migration entry

oder_chiou@xxxxxxxxxxx (1):
ASoC: rt5663: Change the dev getting function in rt5663_irq

wanghaibin (1):
KVM: arm/arm64: vgic-its: Fix return value for device table restore