Re: [patch 0/7] LICENSES: Add documentation and initial License files

From: Russell King - ARM Linux
Date: Tue Nov 14 2017 - 05:15:43 EST

On Sun, Nov 12, 2017 at 08:18:21PM +0100, Thomas Gleixner wrote:
> Folks!
>
> First of all I want to apologize for the suboptimal process which brought
> this initial SPDX annotation into the kernel. We surely should have posted
> exactly this patch series first, but we were too focused on the actual
> annotation and analysis work, which took place in the last 10 months. As is
> happens often with work which occupies one on the 'technical' level
> completely, documentation is the last thing to think of.

Hi Thomas,

Thank you for doing this, this addresses many of my concerns with the
SPDX license tagging. For the series:

Acked-by: Russell King <rmk+kernel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

As for the comment style, I'm sure that we'll eventually learn to use
the appropriate style for the file type, but I suspect it won't be
easy as it's not intuitive.

--
RMK's Patch system: http://www.armlinux.org.uk/developer/patches/
FTTC broadband for 0.8mile line in suburbia: sync at 8.8Mbps down 630kbps up