Re: [GIT PULL] sound updates for 4.15-rc1

From: Mark Brown
Date: Wed Nov 15 2017 - 10:37:28 EST

On Wed, Nov 15, 2017 at 08:54:11PM +0530, Vinod Koul wrote:

> This set is growing and will keep growing. One machine is already posted and
> it's cousins should follow soon. I don't see a point in having options for
> these ad distro's would be enabling all of them and having all of them
> enabled works fine for me

Distros enable the overwhelming majority of drivers anyway, they're not
really relevant in terms of driver configurability. More relevant are
people trying to build a stripped down machine specific configuration.

> > We should begin with thinking of which entries (and layer) to be
> > selectable, and which not.

> Trickier part is non selectable ones, I am going to take a stab at them and
> see if we can merge few which can help is making lesser options and clean
> that part a bit, maybe a common SST_IPC symbol which adds IPC, MATCH etc.

Those ones are less important so long as they're selected correctly by
the things that need them, it's not like there's not lots of complexity
in this driver.