Re: [GIT PULL for v4.15-rc1] media updates

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Wed Nov 15 2017 - 23:34:19 EST

On Wed, Nov 15, 2017 at 4:28 PM, Mauro Carvalho Chehab
<mchehab@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> PS.: This time, there is a merge from staging tree, from the same commit
> you pulled on your tree, in order to solve a conflict at the
> atomisp driver, as reported by Stephen Rothwell.

Please don't do that.

I got conflicts anyway, and I'd rather see them. Honestly, I want to
know, but I also am quite possibly better at resolving those conflicts
than most developers, because I do a *lot* of merges.

Why do I have to say this *every* single merge window?

Stop trying to hide your conflicts. Stop thinking that I prefer them
hidden over being there. Stop doing crazy merges from trees that
aren't yours and you were not asked to pull!

Really.

Linus