Re: [RFC] a question about stack size form /proc/pid/task/child pid/limits

From: Florian Weimer
Date: Mon Nov 27 2017 - 06:33:30 EST

On 09/06/2017 04:14 AM, Xishi Qiu wrote:
Hi, I find if I use a defined stack size to create a child thread,
then the max stack size from /proc/pid/task/child pid/limits still
shows "Max stack size 8388608", it doesn't update to
the user defined size, is it a problem?

This reflects the maximum stack size of the main thread after execve. The size of the stack of the current thread is a separate matter; it can be located anywhere in the process image and much smaller or larger than the maximum size of the initial stack of the main thread.

Thanks,
Florian