Re: ALSA: nm256: Fine-tuning for three function implementations

From: SF Markus Elfring
Date: Tue Nov 28 2017 - 11:16:16 EST

> Because I didn't see any test result from you,

This is correct so far.

> so I can't trust you.

This view did not hinder you to integrate some of my update suggestions
which you found easier to handle.

>> Which test configurations would you trust finally?
>
> Do test whatever like the users do.

I find such an information too unsafe for an official acceptance test.

>> How can such descriptions improve the trust situation?
>
> It's the first step. At least then I can see you did some test.
> Currently nothing. zero. nada.

I am unsure if acceptable test results will ever be published for this
software module.

> How can I trust it?

* Would you dare to inspect the shown source code adjustments again?

* How do you think about to sort the remaining update candidates
by their change size (or software age)?

Regards,
Markus