RE: [EXT] Re: UFS utilities

From: Bean Huo (beanhuo)
Date: Mon Dec 04 2017 - 10:20:52 EST

Hi, Bart
Sorry for later!

>Hello Bean,
>
>Please be more specific. What is inconvenient about sg3_utils on embedded
>ARM systems?

Exactly, I don't know how to compile sg3_utils with static library, instead of sharing library. I used following configuration
Parameter:
./configure --enable-static=yes --build=x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu --host=aarch64-linux-gnu --prefix=$PWD/out/ CC=aarch64-linux-gnu-g
cc --target=aarch64-linux-gnu LD=aarch64-linux-gnu-ld AS=aarch64-linux-gnu-as CFLAGS=-static LDFLAGS=-static

But the object files are still dynamically linked.

ELF 64-bit LSB executable, ARM aarch64, version 1 (SYSV), dynamically linked, interpreter /lib/ld-linux-aarch64.so.1,
for GNU/Linux 3.7.0, BuildID[sha1]=4f01b4c9f1ff47bc00aef93950c02734b4cc8e57, not stripped.

I want it to be statically linked. Otherwise, I should copy its library to my lib folder, and sometimes for the embedded,
Need to re-build rootfs. Meanwhile, for the UFS, there are totally 27 scsi commands being used based on UFS2.1.
For the most case, we just use several sg3_utils object files, don't need to copy all object files to the ending product.

>> And also it doesn't support several UFS special command.
>
>Are you referring to SCSI commands or rather to UFS commands that fall
>outside the SCSI spec? Anyway, an approach that is used by many SCSI drivers
>to export information to user space that falls outside the SCSI spec is to
>create additional sysfs attributes. See also the sdev_attrs and shost_attrs
>members of struct scsi_host_template.

Yes, for the UFS information, I can use these interface/approach to easily get.
I am thinking how about some testing case and configuration operation.
Also, is it possible bypass SCSI stacks and go into directly UFS stack?
Thanks for your inputs.
>Bart.

//Bean Huo