Re: UFS utilities

From: Bean Huo (beanhuo)
Date: Tue Dec 05 2017 - 10:44:30 EST

Hi, greg k-h

>So what UFS commands are you missing that you need to see implemented?
>
>And again, have you checked the different forks of the driver?

Seems there is something misunderstood, I want to use UPIU, rather than CDB.
Maybe it is not possible based on current UFS stacks. Of course, exactly,
there is no missing SCSI command listed in UFS 2.1.

>> >Are you referring to SCSI commands or rather to UFS commands that
>> >fall outside the SCSI spec? Anyway, an approach that is used by many
>> >SCSI drivers to export information to user space that falls outside
>> >the SCSI spec is to create additional sysfs attributes. See also the
>> >sdev_attrs and shost_attrs members of struct scsi_host_template.
>> >
>> Yes, for the UFS information, I can use these interface/approach to easily
>get.
>> I am thinking how about some testing case and configuration operation.
>
>Which ones exactly?
>
>> Also, is it possible bypass SCSI stacks and go into directly UFS stack?
>
>Look at the different sysfs files for the UFS device, it does that for some
>commands.

To be honest, I don't know which interface, it can pass UPIU to UFS driver,
And bypass SCSI stacks.

Thanks.
Bean Huo