Re: [Regression 4.15-rc2] New messages `tpm tpm0: A TPM error (2314) occurred continue selftest`

From: Paul Menzel
Date: Fri Dec 08 2017 - 11:07:49 EST

Dear Jason, dear Alexander,

Thank you for your replies.

Am 08.12.2017 um 16:56 schrieb Jason Gunthorpe:
On Fri, Dec 08, 2017 at 12:14:04PM +0000, Alexander.Steffen@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

[â]

Anyway, from the log messages it is clear that tpm_msleep got called
seven times with delays of 20/40/80/160/320/640/1280ms. But still
all timestamps lie within the same second. How can this be with a
cumulated delay of ~2.5s?

Yes, that does seem to be the bug, our sleep function doesn't work
aynmore for some reason :|

I have no access to the system right now, but want to point out, that the log was created by `journactl -k`, so I do not know if that messes with the time stamps. I checked the output of `dmesg` but didnât see the TPM error messages in the output â only `tpm_tis MSFT0101:00: 2.0 TPM (device-id 0xFE, rev-id 4)`. Do I need to pass a different error message to `dmesg`?

Also, I've just noticed that despite the name tpm_msleep calls
usleep_range, not msleep. Can this have an influence? Should
tpm_msleep call msleep for longer delays, as suggested by
Documentation/timers/timers-howto.txt?

This change was introduced recently and is probably the source of this
regression.

Iâll try to test this on Monday.

Kind regards,

Paul