Re: AMD erratum 665 on f15h processor?

From: Borislav Petkov
Date: Sun Dec 17 2017 - 15:52:42 EST

On Sun, Dec 17, 2017 at 12:04:28PM +0300, Andrew Randrianasulu wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I was trying to investigate why all my old kernels can't be booted on my
> relatively new machine. Kernels 4.10+ naturally boot - I use 4.14.3 right now -
> but old kernels die early ...
>
> After some digging I found this
> https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/9311567/
>
> Patch talk about family 12h, but my machine has this CPU:
>
> [ 0.056000] smpboot: CPU0: AMD FX(tm)-4300 Quad-Core Processor (family: 0x15,
> model: 0x2, stepping: 0x0)
> [ 0.056000] Performance Events: Fam15h core perfctr, AMD PMU driver.

Yes, your machine is not affected by that erratum. So far so good.

The rest of your mail I have hard time understanding: you're talking
about old kernels not booting on a new machine but then you paste a qemu
32-bit guest kernel boot log and after that I'm lost.

Perhaps you should try again by explaining in detail what exactly you're
trying to do and how exactly you're going about doing that...

--
Regards/Gruss,
Boris.

Good mailing practices for 400: avoid top-posting and trim the reply.