Re: Regression with a0747a859ef6 ("bdi: add error handle for bdi_debug_register")

From: Bruno Wolff III
Date: Mon Dec 18 2017 - 16:57:44 EST

On Sun, Dec 17, 2017 at 21:43:50 +0800,
weiping zhang <zwp10758@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi, thanks for testing, I think you first reproduce this issue(got WARNING
at device_add_disk) by your own build, then add my debug patch.

I'm going to try testing warnings with a kernel I've built, to try to determine if warnings are working at all for the ones I'm building. However it might be that the WARN_ONs are not being reached for the kernels I've built. If that turns out to be the case, I may not be able to get you both the output from the WARN_ONs and the output from your debugging patch at the same time.
My next kernel build isn't going to finish in time to test today.