Re: proc_flush_task oops

From: Dave Jones
Date: Mon Dec 18 2017 - 22:39:36 EST

On Mon, Dec 18, 2017 at 03:50:52PM -0800, Linus Torvalds wrote:

> But I don't see what would have changed in this area recently.
>
> Do you end up saving the seeds that cause crashes? Is this
> reproducible? (Other than seeing it twoce, of course)

Only clue so far, is every time I'm able to trigger it, the last thing
the child process that triggers it did, was an execveat.

Telling it to just fuzz execveat doesn't instantly trigger it, so it
must be a combination of some other syscall. I'll leave a script running
overnight to see if I can binary search the other syscalls in
combination with it.

One other thing: I said this was rc4, but it was actually rc4 + all the
x86 stuff from today. There's enough creepy stuff in that pile, that
I'll try with just plain rc4 tomorrow too.

Dave