Re: Regression with a0747a859ef6 ("bdi: add error handle for bdi_debug_register")

From: Bruno Wolff III
Date: Fri Dec 22 2017 - 09:06:57 EST

On Fri, Dec 22, 2017 at 21:20:10 +0800,
weiping zhang <zwp10758@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Thu, Dec 21, 2017 at 17:16:03 -0600,
Bruno Wolff III <bruno@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

Enforcing mode alone isn't enough as I tested that one one machine at home
and it didn't trigger the problem. I'll try another machine late tonight.

I got the problem to occur on my i686 machine when booting in enforcing
mode. This machine uses raid 1 vua mdraid which may or may not be a factor
in this problem. The boot log has a trace at the end and might be helpful,
so I'm attaching it here.
Hi Bruno,
I can reproduce this issue in my QEMU test VM easily, just add an soft
RAID1, always trigger
that warning, I'll debug it later.

Great. When you have a fix, I can test it.