Re: WARNING in strp_data_ready

From: Tom Herbert
Date: Thu Dec 28 2017 - 11:14:58 EST

On Thu, Dec 28, 2017 at 12:59 AM, Ozgur <ozgur@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> 28.12.2017, 04:19, "Tom Herbert" <tom@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

>>> Hello Dmitry,
>>>
>>> Ah, I'm sorry I don't seen Tom mail and I don't have a patch not tested :)
>>> I think Tom send patch to only you and are you tested?
>>>
>>> kcmsock.c will change and strp_data_ready I think locked.
>>>
>>> Tom, please send a patch for me? I can test and inform you.
>>
>> Hi Ozgur,
>>
>> I reposted the patches as RFC "kcm: Fix lockdep issue". Please test if you can!
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Tom
>
> Hello Tom,
>
> Which are you use the repos? I pulled but I don't seen this patches.

They are not in any public repo yet. I posted the patches to netdev
list so they can be reviewed and tested by third parties. Posting
patches to the list a normal path to get patches into the kernel
(http://nickdesaulniers.github.io/blog/2017/05/16/submitting-your-first-patch-to-the-linux-kernel-and-responding-to-feedback/).

These patches were applied to net-next but are simple enough that they
should apply to other branches. I will repost and target to net per
Dave's directive once they are verified to fix the issue.

Tom