Re: LKML admins (syzbot emails are not delivered)

From: Pavel Machek
Date: Thu Jan 04 2018 - 16:38:16 EST

On Thu 2018-01-04 12:09:26, Dmitry Vyukov wrote:

> >> Nah, the thing is finding and reporting bugs just like a human would,
> >> it just doesn't need sleep etc, so sometimes reports more than humans
> >> can keep up with. It needs a smarter brother.. but then again, maybe
> >> not, if bots start fixing things too, a lot of meatware hackers would
> >> have to go find real jobs.
> >
> > Sending random, unrepeatable Oopses to lkml is not what humans would
> > do, and perhaps not something bots should do, either.
>

> Hi Pavel,
>
> I've answered this question here in full detail. In short, this is
> useful and actionable.
> https://groups.google.com/d/msg/syzkaller/2nVn_XkVhEE/GjjfISejCgAJ

Unfortantely, some of the reports are making it to the lkml.

200KB each! Due to attached .config files. I believe you should not be
spamming lkml in the first place. If you insist on sending to lkml and
list admins are okay with that, please gzip the config file.

Pavel

> do_syscall_32_irqs_on arch/x86/entry/common.c:327 [inline]
> do_fast_syscall_32+0x3ee/0xf9d arch/x86/entry/common.c:389
> entry_SYSENTER_compat+0x54/0x63
arch/x86/entry/entry_64_compat.S:129

Looks like the same bug I sent out a fix for yesterday.

#syz fix: capabilities: fix buffer overread on very short xattr

https://marc.info/?l=linux-kernel&m=151488700301705