Re: PROBLEM: i915 causes complete desktop freezes in 4.15-rc5

From: Alexandru Chirvasitu
Date: Fri Jan 05 2018 - 14:37:32 EST

I'll try. I need a bit of clarification:

On Fri, Jan 05, 2018 at 05:52:25PM +0000, Chris Wilson wrote:
> Quoting Alexandru Chirvasitu (2018-01-03 21:53:15)
> > All right, here's the dmesg from the kernel compiled from drm-tip (in
> > sync with upstream at the time of the compilation earlier today), with
> >
> > CONFIG_DRM_I915_DEBUG_GEM=y
> >
> > I crashed it by opening 20+ xterm windows. Doesn't always do it though
> > (tried this before).
>
> Sorry, still stumped. It's still the same use-after-free and no asserts
> hit. Can you keep KASAN enabled but disable slab/page poisoning? Hmm, I
> think it has to be page poisoning doing the 0x6b as SLAB_POISON is
> disabled by default.

Would this have to be through a new compilation, or would it do to
just remove the poisoning kernel parameter on boot?

> (You could check by enabling slabstats can looking in sysfs.)

Sorry, I was having some trouble parsing this; what do I check again
and how?

Does 'slabstats' refer to another kernel config option or something
else?

I apologize, most of these options I'm fiddling with are not familiar
to me..