Re: atm/clip: Use seq_puts() in svc_addr()

From: Stefano Brivio
Date: Sun Jan 07 2018 - 10:30:38 EST

On Sun, 7 Jan 2018 09:19:17 +0100
SF Markus Elfring <elfring@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> >> Two strings should be quickly put into a sequence by two function calls.
> >> Thus use the function "seq_puts" instead of "seq_printf".
> >>
> >> This issue was detected by using the Coccinelle software.
> >
> > Can you please explain what the issue really is and what you're trying
> > to do here?
>
> Is the function "seq_puts" a bit more efficient for the desired output
> of a single string in comparison to calling the function "seq_printf"
> for this purpose?

Will you please be so kind and tell us?

> > One shouldn't need to dig into Coccinelle patterns to find
> > out what you mean,
>
> Why did an attribution for a software tool confuse you?

I'm not confused. I'm saying that one shouldn't need to dig into
Coccinelle patterns to find out what you mean.

> > and "strings should be quickly put into a sequence"
> > isn't terribly helpful.
>
> Which wording would you find more appropriate for the suggested
> adjustment of these function calls?

Whatever describes the actual issue and what you're doing about it.
Turn your rhetorical question above into a commit message, done.

Compare that with your original commit message, on the other hand,
and you should understand what I mean.

--
Stefano