Re: atm/clip: Use seq_puts() in svc_addr()

From: SF Markus Elfring
Date: Sun Jan 07 2018 - 11:30:42 EST

>> Is the function "seq_puts" a bit more efficient for the desired output
>> of a single string in comparison to calling the function "seq_printf"
>> for this purpose?
>
> Will you please be so kind and tell us?

How do you think about to get the run time characteristics for these
sequence output functions better documented?
https://elixir.free-electrons.com/linux/v4.15-rc6/source/fs/seq_file.c#L660

Can an information like âWARNING: Prefer seq_puts to seq_printfâ
(from the script âcheckpatch.plâ) be another incentive?

>>> and "strings should be quickly put into a sequence"
>>> isn't terribly helpful.
>>
>> Which wording would you find more appropriate for the suggested
>> adjustment of these function calls?
>
> Whatever describes the actual issue and what you're doing about it.
> Turn your rhetorical question above into a commit message, done.
>
> Compare that with your original commit message, on the other hand,
> and you should understand what I mean.

Which descriptions are you really missing for the affected data output?

Regards,
Markus