Re: [RFC] selftests/x86: Add test_vsyscall

From: Borislav Petkov
Date: Tue Jan 09 2018 - 06:51:57 EST

On Tue, Jan 09, 2018 at 05:15:15PM +0530, Naresh Kamboju wrote:
> We do not want to change the kernel command lines dynamically on
> the test bench. It will be hard to test this case in automated setup.
> Because with a given setup we run all selftests in a single go.

Those cmdline parameters are already upstream, without that test patch.

If you wanna test all, you'd have to change the cmdline or rebuilt the
kernel three times with each of those set, alternatingly:

CONFIG_LEGACY_VSYSCALL_NATIVE
CONFIG_LEGACY_VSYSCALL_EMULATE
CONFIG_LEGACY_VSYSCALL_NONE

--
Regards/Gruss,
Boris.

Good mailing practices for 400: avoid top-posting and trim the reply.