Re: cgroups(7): documenting cgroups v2 thread mode

From: Tejun Heo
Date: Wed Jan 10 2018 - 09:47:17 EST

Hello,

On Tue, Jan 09, 2018 at 11:54:03PM +0100, Michael Kerrisk (man-pages) wrote:
> One more thing. I added the following sentence to the text:
>
> The cgroup.threads file is writable only for the cgroups inside a
> threaded subtree.
>
> Can you confirm that that is correct, please.

The only extra restriction is that the domain cgroup must be the same
for the source and destination, which is true for the entire threaded
subtree (the threaded domain). As each domain cgroup is its own
unique domain, cgroup.threads in them would only allow migrating to
self which is a noop; otherwise, it'd return -EOPNOTSUPP.

Thanks.

--
tejun