Re: cgroups(7): documenting cgroups v2 delegation

From: Tejun Heo
Date: Wed Jan 10 2018 - 17:14:27 EST

Hello, Michael.

On Wed, Jan 10, 2018 at 11:01:11PM +0100, Michael Kerrisk (man-pages) wrote:

> >> So, following on from the discussion in the other thread, my
> >> question above still stands.
> >
> > Oh, I frankly haven't thought about delegating a threaded subtree.
>
> I'm still confused. cgroup-v2.txt documents the possibility. You
> wrote that text. We just had a conversation in another thread about the
> fact that cgroup.threads is delegatable. You must have thought at
> least a little about this?

Oh, I'm probably mixing up two things.

1. When delegating, cgroup.threads should be delegated. Doing that
selectively doesn't achieve anything meaningful.

2. I haven't thought much about delegating a sub-protion of a threaded
subtree. Everything works the same way. I just can't think of a
use case.

Thanks.

--
tejun