EDAC-AMD64: what is the ecc_msg good for ?

From: Gabriel C
Date: Wed Jan 10 2018 - 18:07:14 EST

Hi Borislav,

while doing some testings with a EPYC box I notice
these strange messages when a Node is disabled.

I really do think the message is confusing since
we tell 'Node X: ... disabled' followed by a
INFO on the edac driver which tells the driver will not load.

Also even worse , we suggest to use ecc_enable_override then,
which can cause wrose things.. We really should not suggest
something like this by default.

So why this is still needed ?
I think is clear what 'Node X: .... disabled' means ?

Also if is still needed I suggest to chage that a bit like:

static const char *ecc_msg =
"No ECC capability or ECC disabled in BIOS , module will not load.\n"

then add the node to the amd64_info()

if (!ecc_en || !nb_mce_en) {
amd64_info("Node %d: %s", nid, ecc_msg);

Or move that all to edac_dbg() ?

Regards,

Gabriel C