Re: ipv6 redefinition build issue with 4.15-rc8

From: Jonas Bonn
Date: Wed Jan 17 2018 - 04:25:09 EST

On 01/17/2018 08:59 AM, Daniel Wagner wrote:
Hi Neil,

On 01/16/2018 07:51 PM, Neil MacLeod wrote:
Since this commit in 4.15-rc8:

https://github.com/torvalds/linux/commit/6926e041a8920c8ec27e4e155efa760aa01551fd

building connman 1.35 with glibc 2.26 now fails as follows:

http://ix.io/EbP

I'm not sure if this is a kernel issue, a glibc issue, or a connman issue.

Reverting the kernel commit resolves the issue, but isn't ideal (unless it's the correct solution, of course).

Does anyone have any better ideas?

Try switching the order of these headers around (src/tethering.c)... netinet/in.h seems to depend on linux/in.h being included _first_ and it's presumably being pulled in via linux/if_bridge.h now as a result of the kernel patch (couldn't immediately see why, though... I suspect the inclusion of libc-compat.h is the culprit.)

#include <netinet/in.h>
#include <linux/if_bridge.h>

Yes, this is a hack and only masks the issue... nonetheless.

/Jonas

Since ConnMan does not redefine 'struct in6_addr' and friends I would say it is kernel/glibc header include problem. But I might be wrong here.

@Hauke: Do you happen to know what is going on?

Thanks,
Daniel