Re: mfd: Patch management?

From: SF Markus Elfring
Date: Fri Jan 26 2018 - 11:29:37 EST

>> I am curious if more positive feedback could evolve till then.
>> I would appreciate if a potentially needed resend for my selection
>> of update suggestions could become smaller (when reviewed steps
>> could be already integrated for example).
>
> I'm not entirely sure what you're trying to say,
> in any of your responses.

I imagine that acceptance for these changes could be influenced
also by review comments from other contributors.

> Are you using Google Translate to convert between your
> first language and English?

No.

> If you want to rebase your patches, to see what has been applied and
> what hasn't, you can use the MFD repo and its next-next branch.

https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/lee/mfd.git/log/?h=for-mfd-next-next

How are the chances that further update suggestions will be integrated
just because I sent them as small patch series in the threaded way?

Examples:
* tps65910: Adjustments for four function implementations
https://lkml.org/lkml/2018/1/16/313

* abx500-core: Adjustments for eight function implementations
https://lkml.org/lkml/2018/1/16/186

Regards,
Markus