Re: PATCH v6 2/6] livepatch: Free only structures with initialized kobject

From: Joe Lawrence
Date: Thu Feb 01 2018 - 09:25:11 EST

On 01/25/2018 11:01 AM, Petr Mladek wrote:
> We are going to add a feature called atomic replace. It will allow to
> create a patch that would replace all already registered patches.
> For this, we will need to dynamically create funcs' and objects'
> for functions that are not longer patched.

Super small nit: funcs', objects' ? More on this in the next inline
comment.

> [ ... snip ... ]
> /*
> - * Free all functions' kobjects in the array up to some limit. When limit is
> - * NULL, all kobjects are freed.
> + * Free all funcs' that have the kobject initialized. Otherwise,
> + * nothing is needed.

In new comment, what is the apostrophe in funcs' for? The code (still)
deals with the kobject embedded in the klp_func, but the comment text
moved "kobject" such that I think the apostrophe can now be removed.

> /*
> - * Free all objects' kobjects in the array up to some limit. When limit is
> - * NULL, all kobjects are freed.
> + * Free all funcs' and objects's that have the kobject initialized.
> + * Otherwise, nothing is needed.
> */

Ditto.

-- Joe