Re: KASAN: use-after-free Read in rds_find_bound

From: Santosh Shilimkar
Date: Wed Feb 14 2018 - 13:00:17 EST

On 2/14/2018 9:52 AM, Dmitry Vyukov wrote:
On Wed, Feb 14, 2018 at 6:35 PM, Santosh Shilimkar
<santosh.shilimkar@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Santosh,

What is that fix? You forgot to provide any link/reference. I also
don't see any patches from you at around that date...

Fix [1] was later not added since there was a still a race. Wanted to
see if the issue re-appears after recent netns fix [2].

We will not see if the bug re-appears or not until this bug is closed.
Please see this recent discussion about another rds bug:
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/syzkaller-bugs/3XjmOzr5jRU/g7pXIsY1BgAJ
In the current state syzbot will never report bugs in these functions
again.

OK. Can you close that one then in that case ?

Anybody can do this:

I see.

#syz fix: rds: tcp: use rds_destroy_pending() to synchronize
netns/module teardown and rds connection/workq management

syzbot provides full self-service, see first email and in particular this:
https://github.com/google/syzkaller/blob/master/docs/syzbot.md#communication-with-syzbot

ok will have a look.

Regards,
Santosh