Re: [Possible REGRESSION, 4.16-rc4] Error updating SMART data during runtime and could not connect to lvmetad at some boot attempts

From: Thorsten Leemhuis
Date: Mon Mar 19 2018 - 05:42:49 EST

Hi! On 11.03.2018 09:20, Martin Steigerwald wrote:

> Since 4.16-rc4 (upgraded from 4.15.2 which worked) I have an issue
> with SMART checks occassionally failing like this:

Martin (or someone else): Could you gibe a status update? I have this
issue on my list or regressions, but it's hard to follow as two
different issues seem to be discussed. Or is it just one issue? Did the
patch/discussion that Bart pointed to help? Is the issue still showing
up in rc6?

Ciao, Thorsten