Re: linux-next on x60: network manager often complains "network is disabled" after resume

From: Woody Suwalski
Date: Tue Mar 20 2018 - 21:12:05 EST

Woody Suwalski wrote:
Pavel Machek wrote:
On Mon 2018-03-19 05:17:45, Woody Suwalski wrote:
Pavel Machek wrote:
Hi!

With recent linux-next, after resume networkmanager often claims that
"network is disabled". Sometimes suspend/resume clears that.

Any ideas? Does it work for you?
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ Pavel
Tried the 4.16-rc6 with nm 1.4.4 - I do not see the issue.
Thanks for testing... but yes, 4.16 should be ok. If not fixed,
problem will appear in 4.17-rc1.

Works here OK. Tried ~10 suspends, all restarted OK.
kernel next-20180320
nmcli shows that Wifi always connects OK

Woody

Contrary, it just happened to me on a 64-bit build 4.16-rc5 on T440.
I think that Dan's suspicion is correct - it is a snafu in the PM: trying to hibernate results in a message:
Failed to hibernate system via logind: There's already a shutdown or sleep operation in progress.

And ps shows "Ds /lib/systemd/systemd-sleep suspend"...

Woody