Re: [bug, bisected] pfifo_fast causes packet reordering

From: Jakob Unterwurzacher
Date: Wed Mar 21 2018 - 06:01:33 EST

On 16.03.18 11:26, Jakob Unterwurzacher wrote:
On 15.03.18 23:30, John Fastabend wrote:
I have reproduced it using two USB network cards connected to each other. The test tool sends UDP packets containing a counter and listens on the other interface, it is available at
https://github.com/jakob-tsd/pfifo_stress/blob/master/pfifo_stress.py

Great thanks, can you also run this with taskset to bind to
a single CPU,

 # taskset 0x1 ./pifof_stress.py

And let me know if you still see the OOO.

Interesting. Looks like it depends on which core it runs on. CPU0 is clean, CPU1 is not.

So we are at v4.16-rc6 now - have you managed to reproduce this is or should I try to get the revert correct?

Best regards,
Jakob