Re: linux-next: manual merge of the ipsec tree with the net tree

From: Petr Machata
Date: Tue Mar 27 2018 - 10:34:12 EST

Stephen Rothwell <sfr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Hi Steffen,
>
> Today's linux-next merge of the ipsec tree got a conflict in:
>
> net/ipv4/ip_tunnel.c
>
> between commit:
>
> f6cc9c054e77 ("ip_tunnel: Emit events for post-register MTU changes")
>
> from the net tree and commit:
>
> 24fc79798b8d ("ip_tunnel: Clamp MTU to bounds on new link")
>
> from the ipsec tree.
>
> I fixed it up (see below) and can carry the fix as necessary. This
> is now fixed as far as linux-next is concerned, but any non trivial
> conflicts should be mentioned to your upstream maintainer when your tree
> is submitted for merging. You may also want to consider cooperating
> with the maintainer of the conflicting tree to minimise any particularly
> complex conflicts.

Hi, this conflict needs to be resolved differently. Below I'm adding a
patch on top of linux-next. Squash or apply as you see fit.

What's the right way to proceed from here? It looks to me like Stefano
or Steffen should take this into the ipsec tree (possibly just squash to
the clamping fix), as they'll hit this conflict the next time they
rebase on top of net...? Let me know what to do, please.

Thanks,
Petr