[PATCH v2 0/2] iio: add unit converter
From: Peter Rosin
Date: Tue Apr 03 2018 - 11:36:57 EST
This driver implements support for voltage dividers and current
sense circuits. It's pretty generic and should be easily adaptable
to other linear scaling purposes...
The driver is still named "unit converter", because it was not
clear to me that there was a real problem with the driver being
named that. I got the impression that the naming discussion in
v1 was mainly about the category, and that it kind of looked odd
and non-specific with unit-converter in the DT bindings, but
what do I know?
Changes since v1: https://lkml.org/lkml/2018/3/19/801
- Put the driver in the new afe category (Analog Front Ends) and do not
move the iio-mux driver.
- Do not refer to the source channel as "parent", use "source" instead.
- Have the DT compatible drive the target unit, instead of relying on a
"type" DT-property for that.
- In the DT bindings, use an unnamed source channel.
- Do not set up writes to _RAW (sorry Phil) as I don't need it and have
not tested it. It's easy to add back if needed.
- Fail if the source channel does not support _RAW or _SCALE.
- Fix various spelling issues.
- Fix various code style issues.
Peter Rosin (2):
dt-bindings: iio: afe: add current-sense-cuicuit and voltage-divider
iio: afe: unit-converter: new driver
.../bindings/iio/afe/current-sense-circuit.txt | 45 ++++
.../bindings/iio/afe/voltage-divider.txt | 45 ++++
MAINTAINERS | 8 +
drivers/iio/Kconfig | 1 +
drivers/iio/Makefile | 1 +
drivers/iio/afe/Kconfig | 18 ++
drivers/iio/afe/Makefile | 6 +
drivers/iio/afe/iio-unit-converter.c | 257 +++++++++++++++++++++
8 files changed, 381 insertions(+)
create mode 100644 Documentation/devicetree/bindings/iio/afe/current-sense-circuit.txt
create mode 100644 Documentation/devicetree/bindings/iio/afe/voltage-divider.txt
create mode 100644 drivers/iio/afe/Kconfig
create mode 100644 drivers/iio/afe/Makefile
create mode 100644 drivers/iio/afe/iio-unit-converter.c