Re: AMD graphics performance regression in 4.15 and later

From: Jean-Marc Valin
Date: Wed Apr 11 2018 - 14:35:26 EST

On 04/11/2018 05:37 AM, Christian KÃnig wrote:
>> With your patches my EPYC box is unusable with 4.15++ kernels.
>> The whole Desktop is acting weird. This one is using
>> an Cape Verde PRO [Radeon HD 7750/8740 / R7 250E] GPU.
>>
>> Box is 2 * EPYC 7281 with 128 GB ECC RAM
>>
>> Also a 14C Xeon box with a HD7700 is broken same way.
>
> The hardware is irrelevant for this. We need to know what software stack
> you use on top of it.

Well, the hardware appears to be part of the issue too. I don't think
it's a coincidence that Gabriel has the problem on 2xEPYC, I have it on
2xXeon and the previous reported had it on a Core 2 Quad that internally
has two dies.

I've not yet tested your disable CONFIG_SWIOTLB fix yet -- might try it
over the weekend and report what happens.

Cheers,

Jean-Marc